Re: small patch for dakdb update scripts

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009, Allan Lyons wrote:
> > I already submitted something similar here:
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-dak/2009/03/msg00005.html
>
> Thanks for pointing that out.  I hadn't seen that message.  It would
> have saved me some time had I seen it earlier or if it had been merged
> already.
>
> The only issue with your patch that I see is with the change to
> README.first.  If I start a new database with what I think is a mostly
> complete dak.conf file, then dak update-db fails when updating from
> schema 3 to 4 if I run it before dak init-db.  If I run init-db
> before update-db, then there are no errors reported.

I used the official debian/dak.conf for my tests (as that's my target) and I
don't remember such a problem.

Can you be more specific in the problem that you're seeing ?

update4 fills in suite_architecture based on the architecture table and
and the suite table.

But if you do that before init-db, both tables should be empty and it
shoul do nothing basically.

init-db fills all tables (suite_architecture, architecture and suite)
based on the configuration (and assumes the DB is empty).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/