Re: working with debian cd

El Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 07:35:47PM +0545, Paras pradhan va escriure:
> Hi all:
>
> I think only today i got to understand how the debian CDD works. thank
> you all for the help.
>
> I need a help though now :)
>
> I want xorg and xfce in my CDD at this time.  Before i donwloaded like
> ' apt-get update && apt-get install xserver-xorg x-windows-systeem
> xfce4 '  . this
> way i got all the debs for xserver and xfce. but since i used a
> installed debian sarge machine to download them , the base or core
> packages required by xserver and xfce4 are already installed and don;t
> have  access to the dependencies. Which is the pefrct way to download
> the the debs including base/core packages + xserver + xfce4.
>
> Is debootstarp the solution or any better one is there.

As I already mentioned some days ago on this list:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-custom/2006/03/msg00039.html

I use reprepro and a script called cddt-fakeapt to build my CDD package pool.

In fact I use reprepro to maintain a local pool and to mirror the Debian
packages I want to include on the CDD (the packages are taken from debian
stable, from the debian-security repository and from my local pool).

I've updated and reorganized the cddt-tools package and now it includes an
example of how to build a partial mirror using my tools.

The documentation has been written quickly and I'm sure that the scripts may
have bugs, but if you want give it a try install the cddt-tools package from:

  http://people.debian.org/~sto/cddt/

Or get the code from the svn repository:

  https://mixinet.net/svn/cddt/trunk/cddt-tools/

Greetings,

  Sergio.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69