Re: RFC: debian-lanserver Custom Debian Distribution (CDD)

[Alex King]
> Having said that, it may be worth it to go to the extra trouble of
> LDAP based user databases in a lanserver CDD, because it is then
> easier to replicate the database across more servers if needed.
> However, it is extra complexity that isn't necessary for a small
> site.

Using LDAP also allow unified logon across all machines and most
services, and make it possible to store automount info and other stuff
in a central place for easy access.  We use it in
debian-edu/skolelinux, and are quite satisfied with the choice. :)