Re: Back with CDD

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:

i haven't tested simple-cdd with debian-installer versions newer than
20050305 (sarge's current release). i suspect significant changes have
been implemented post-sarge, so it may no longer be compatible with
simple-cdd.

IMHO, the problem of simple-cdd is that people ignore that CDD is
intended to be something *inside* Debian (and I admit the name Custom
Debian Distributions is missleading).  If the advise from

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-custom/2005/07/msg00033.html

   to download simple-cdd, stick in /etc/apt/sources.list:

   deb http://debian-np.alioth.debian.org/debian unstable main

   (also added a "backport" of debpartial-mirror for sarge)

   and: apt-get install simple-cdd

could be replaced by just

    apt-get install simple-cdd

dependency problems could be expressed correctly and the BTS could be
used to report this kind of problems.

perhaps you can share those errors, otherwise we wouldn't be able to
help you :P

Who is "we"?

Kind regards

http://fam-tille.de