Re: Back with CDD

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 11:24:25AM -0200, Matheus Morais wrote:
> On 2/6/06, Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@freegeek.org> wrote:
> > i haven't seen this before ... are you trying with debian-installer from
> > sarge, or something else?
>
> The version of debian-installer is 20051026.

i haven't tested simple-cdd with debian-installer versions newer than
20050305 (sarge's current release). i suspect significant changes have
been implemented post-sarge, so it may no longer be compatible with
simple-cdd.

> What is the difference betwen build-simple-cdd and qemu-test? Can I
> use the raw image generated by build-simple-cdd and test it under qemu
> without use qemu-test to generate that image? If yes, the qemu-test
> doesnt make any sense.

the difference is that i found myself re-typing long, complicated qemu
commandline and wrote a wrapper script to handle the qemu part and the
cd build all from one commandline.

> In the logs of image generation I see some erros from debootstrap.

perhaps you can share those errors, otherwise we wouldn't be able to
help you :P

live well,
  vagrant