Re: Back with CDD

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 04:22:00PM -0200, Matheus Morais wrote:
> The simple-cdd looks very interesting for me and probably it will solve my
> currently problems. I have a trouble with it in installation proccess. When
> is time to search for installation packages the debian-installer fail.
> Looking at syslog I have the follow messsage:
>
> base-installer: error: exiting error on base-installer/cannot_install
>
> I think the debian-installer could not find any cdrom or mirror installable.
> This is very interesting because all packages are in /cdrom/pool/main.

i haven't seen this before ... are you trying with debian-installer from
sarge, or something else?

> Another question is, every time that I use 'FLAG=C ./build-simple-cdd' the
> system uses ftp.debian.org repository to get the packages again. Why I
> cannot use the files already downloaded from my local repository (or I
> can?)?

if using debpartial-mirror 0.2.11, it won't re-download everything- it
should check the existing packages against the mirror and only download
files that don't match.  i tend to use it in combination with a squid
proxy, which can speed things up a bit (though it never caches as much
as i wish it would).

also, there is a --no-do-mirror commandline option that you can use that
if you don't add new packages to the list(s) of packages to include on
the CD, or if you have a complete local mirror already.

live well,
  vagrant