Re: Back with CDD

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 05:04:33PM -0200, Matheus Morais wrote:
> On 2/7/06, Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@freegeek.org> wrote:
> >
> > i haven't tested simple-cdd with debian-installer versions newer than
> > 20050305 (sarge's current release). i suspect significant changes have
> > been implemented post-sarge, so it may no longer be compatible with
> > simple-cdd.

> I'm not sure about this. I just cant find any package with debian-installer
> name in sarge repository tree and more, there is no place to download that
> version (20050305) of debian-installer (If you know where I can found this
> package to download please, send it to me ;).

when using simple-cdd, debpartial-mirror downloads the debian-installer
automatically. by default, it should pull in the sarge installer, unless
you've tweaked values in simple-cdd.conf, such as di_codename,
di_release, CODENAME, or debian_installer_dir.

> > perhaps you can share those errors, otherwise we wouldn't be able to
> > help you :P

> Here is the file ~/simple-cdd/tmp/sarge-i386/list:

> exim4-daemon-light
> unifont
> I:
> usage:
> [OPTION]...
> <suite>
> <target>
> [<mirror>
> [<script>]]
> Try
> `debootstrap
> --help'
> for
> more
> information.
> E:
> You
> must
> specify
> suite
> and
> target.
> acpi-modules-2.6.8-2-386-di

> Looks a syntax error comming from debootstrap or something like that but I
> have no idea why this is happen. Maybe this could be the root of problem.

build-simple-cdd does a call to debootsrtap to get the packages needed
for a base system:

debootstrap --print-debs $CODENAME

it seems that newer debootstrap handles --print-debs differently,
requiring that you actually download the Package list files (probably to
do dependency resolution), and thus need a target argument.

i'll try and make a fix or workaround for this case, at least.

live well,
  vagrant