Re: burning smell

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 11:36:39PM +0200, Matthias Hentges wrote:
> Well that depends, <50mA can kill you if the current flows through your
> heart.

True :) Hence why working with anything relatively dangerous, Work with one
hand in your pocket.

> > Friend of mine works at an electronics repair store here.. Once his boss was
> > working on an appliance, and forgot to turn the power off when he went away
> > to do something else. Came back, put his hand in the wrong place, and just
> > quietly said. "Oh, shit. Mains."
>
> Shit happens ;-)

Oh.. the story goes on. the very same friend was working on an older HF
radio. Turned the power off, and didnt wait long enough for the valves to
discharge. (I think.. I wasnt there, may have been large caps). Anyway, he
got a rather large bolt from thumb to index finger, had a little bit of a
burnt pork smell, and two nice litte burn marks.

He simply said; "Well, the HT works".

Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <mike@ethernal.org>                      ZL4TXK, IRLP Node 6184

            yip yip yip yip yip yip yap yap yip *BANG* NO TERRIER