Re: Boulder Pledge

In article <20030203130334.GA18889@silly.cloud.net.au> hamish@debian.org writes:
>Isn't the onus on you as the proponent of HTML to sell it to the rest of
>us? Specifically, what is the advantage of HTML for email? What can you
>communicate with HTML that you can't with plain text?

HTML email has one great advantage over plain email: almost all of it
is spam, and that which isn't spam is sent by a clueless luser who
hasn't figured out how to change the settings of their brokenware.
That means it can be filtered out a the MTA stage, with a proper
return code.  (I can supply the sendmail.mc code for this.)

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html