Re: Boulder Pledge

On Sun, 02/02/2003 04:29 -0800, Alexander Hvostov wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 06:26, Thomas Ritter wrote:
>> Am Sonntag, 2. Februar 2003 14:45 schrieb Alexander Hvostov:
>>> I'm sure there are other reasons that make HTML inappropriate for email,
>>> at least for the time being. Anyone care to comment?

* Rendering delays.  Waiting > 1s for each mail to render is
  unacceptable when you have to go through a lot of mail.

* Raising the minimum system requirements.  (Think: small gadgets.)

* Backwards compatibility.

>> Yes, TRUST for one. There were too many HTML-Mail-related security holes in
>> the past.
>
> That is an MUA problem, not an HTML problem. There have been plenty of
> security holes in MUAs not related to HTML in the past.

But keeping things simple is the first rule of writing secure code.

Now I would like to see some sort of simple xml scheme to add meta-info
to mails like e.g. about uri's, but html is not it.

--
Tim van Erven <tve@vormig.net>          Fingerprint: F6C9 61EE 242C C012
OpenPGP Key ID: 712CB811                   36D5 BBF8 6310 D557 712C B811