Re: spam and debian-curiosa

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 10:45:23PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Adam Olsen <rhamph@d2dc.net> [2002.01.22.1925 +0100]:
>
> > 1) I don't know enough about mailing list software to set it up
>
> you apply with listmaster@lists.debian.org. then you simply get an email
> from the mailing list software for every post, and based on how you act
> on that email (reply/forward/ignore), the post is let through or not.
>
> > 2) We'd need more than one person, because of downtime (eg sleep),
> >    languages I don't speak, and sheer number of posts
>
> bugtraq for instance only has a single moderator. it's a slow list, but
> it works. and the language is english, period. and debian-curiosa is not
> a high-traffic list (unless we're discussing spam).

I was thinking about debian in general, not just a single list.
Doing one moderator per-list wouldn't be a good use of manpower, as
the lists would be dead (atleast to non-subscribers) during large
parts of the day.

> > 3) IANADD.  I may not need to be a "full" developer, but I'd atleast
> >    need a signed GPG key
>
> maybe. i don't know. i don't actually think so. you could try.

I would want a GPG key so that I could be verified.  Perhaps it's not
*needed*, but certainly desirable.

--
Adam Olsen, aka Rhamphoryncus