Re: spam and debian-curiosa [ot]

also sprach Adam Olsen <rhamph@d2dc.net> [2002.01.22.1541 +0100]:
> > i by far don't remember (m)any details of vim, and it suits me quite
> > perfectly, never had problems, and even if i did, i wouldn't go rage
> > about them on a public mailing list. ever considered asking for help in
> > a polite fashion?
>
> It wasn't meant as a rage, merely as a snide comment/example.  Most
> places I go to aren't likely to know vim enough to help, and those
> that do would probably be off topic.

so, draft a message to debian-user with Subject: OT: vim indenting and
watch the replies come back. yes, debian-user is about debian, but it's
also such a good mailing list that people often "abuse" it for general
help. and as long as some answer, i think it just adds to the value of
that mailing list.

1-800-psych
hello, welcome to the psychiatric hotline.
if you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want.
just stay on the line so we can trace the call.