Re: Mailing list headers

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 02:16:23AM -0800, Alexander Hvostov wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 08:48, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> > But there are people who like to receive private /and/ public responses
> > to list mailings
>
> Fine. Then use your mailer's 'reply to all' command.

That solution relies upon the person sending the reply being aware of
the original poster's preference so that he can select reply to
sender, reply to list, or reply to all accordingly.  Much better to
have a header which indicates the OP's desires in a form which MUAs
can understand so that responders don't have to worry about it.

> In another email, I suggested another header to accomplish this,
> explicitly requesting that list replies be CC'd to the sender. Something
> like:

> How's that sound?

Substantially identical to MFT.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that