Re: call for votes on default Linux init system for jessie

Hi,

Russ Allbery:
> > I sincerely hope that the project will now accept this vote's result.
> > Instead of, say, pulling a GR.
>
> As painful as the GR process is likely to be, and as much as I hate saying
> this because of the emotional and enthusiasm drain that it's likely to be
> for many people, I feel like I have to reiterate that it's entirely
> appropriate for the project to decide by GR something that was decided by
> casting vote.

Please don't misunderstand me. I have not said that it's *inappropriate*.

I think that it's a waste of time, not to forget, as you wrote, the
emotional and enthusiasm drain. But that's strictly my personal opinion.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs