Re: call for votes on default Linux init system for jessie

Joerg Jaspert:
> Its not understandable why the heck there cant be a simple vote between
> the various init systems now and whatever other votes on whatever
> statement around this area later.
> Especially when we read "Its clear that systemd would win". So make it
> win, let the project move on, thats important.
Because it seemed (or some people behaved as if it seemed) that adding the
tight vs. loose options would affect the vote's outcome in such a way that
it would no longer require Bdale's casting vote to lift the stalemate,
which ostensibly would lend the TC's decision somewhat more authority.

I sincerely hope that the project will now accept this vote's result.
Instead of, say, pulling a GR.

-- Matthias Urlichs