Re: call for votes on default Linux init system for jessie

Colin Watson writes ("Re: call for votes on default Linux init system for jessie"):
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 08:53:39AM -0700, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> > I do not expect this to be the TC's last word on the issue, just a first
> > step, so I didn't think about the GR super-majority in the context of
> > this question.  But I see your point, and would certainly have been
> > willing to include such text.
>
> Could we perhaps just revote on an amended resolution then, rather than
> finishing this vote?  Seems better for all the committee members to be
> happy with what we're voting on.

I think the correct way to express, formally, the view that this is
what should happen is to vote, placing FD first on your ballot.

Bdale called for votes.  I think it was quite wrong of him to do so
without giving any time for comments on his draft resolution, but it
is a thing he is constitutionally entitled to do.

He didn't ask for discussion.  Presumably he doesn't want discussion.
So let us vote him down.

I would recommend you express lower preferences too of course.

Ian.