Re: call for votes on default Linux init system for jessie

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> I thought we had agreed that the TC resolution would explicitly state
> that it would be overrideable by a simple majority.
>
> None of Bdale's options do that.  Doing this with a later resolution
> which might or might not pass the TC is IMO unacceptable.
>
> I hope this omission in Bdale's drafts is an oversight.

I do not expect this to be the TC's last word on the issue, just a first
step, so I didn't think about the GR super-majority in the context of
this question.  But I see your point, and would certainly have been
willing to include such text.

Bdale