Re: Draft GR for permitting private discussion

Michael Gilbert <mgilbert@debian.org> writes:

> I am a DD.  You may have missed the most important part of my last
> message about positively solving these problems via liberal nmus (a
> DD-only power).  Please read that paragraph.  It demonstrates an
> alternative solution already put to use in practice that can resolve
> maintainership problems without tech committee intervention.

I read your entire message.  I snipped the parts on which I have no
comment.

> Since it seems that there is a lot of momentum to push this GR forward,
> I would like to make a simple request to slow it down a bit.  Please
> initiate the discussion on -project before initiating the GR itself so
> this can get more visibility and you all can get a better gauge of a
> larger set of the project's opinion on the matter.

The whole point of the GR discussion period is to have exactly these sorts
of discussions.  I would prefer to use our existing processes rather than
using new processes to "pre-discuss" things for which there's already a
standard discussion process.

The GR should definitely be mentioned on -project to ensure that people
know that the discussion is happening.