Re: Draft GR for permitting private discussion

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Here is a draft.  The idea would be this, followed by my clause 2 re
> accepting amendments (which I've just sent a copy of to the TC and
> Secretary).

The change to the core of the wording seems fine to me.  However, in our
previous discussion on IRC, we talked about adding a sentence along the
lines of:

    The Technical Committee is encouraged to hold discussions in public
    where feasible.

or something, rather than just dropping discussion from the current
wording without any further commentary.  It doesn't need to be normative,
but it would be nice to give a gentle shove towards defaulting to public
discussion.