Re: Draft GR for permitting private discussion

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Michael Gilbert
>
>> > We went back and forth on this in IRC a little bit.  The difficulty is
>> > that unless you're going to delegate to some other entity the ability to
>> > decide when the TC can hold private discussions (which I don't think would
>> > be very practical), the TC itself ends up deciding when it's appropriate.
>>
>> I think that's appropriate.  Self-policing seems fine.  The importance
>                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Definitely, it's fine. If Project Members don't have any kind of trust
> in the wisdom of the TC members, including their wisdomwhen it comes
> at non-technical things, then we have a problem.

Just to clarify, that is not my perspective.  Like I said in the
following sentence,

  The importance of a more stringent wording (I think) is to make it clear to
  project members that the committee will only be using this power in the
  most sensitive of situations, rather than all the time.

When it comes to adjusting the constitution, I think it is certainly
appropriate to put in the requisite thought to get the changes right.

I'm also not insisting in any way that I'm right, I just think its
useful to think and discuss such important things.

Best wishes,
Mike