Re: Draft GR for permitting private discussion

Quoting Michael Gilbert (mgilbert@debian.org):

> > We went back and forth on this in IRC a little bit.  The difficulty is
> > that unless you're going to delegate to some other entity the ability to
> > decide when the TC can hold private discussions (which I don't think would
> > be very practical), the TC itself ends up deciding when it's appropriate.
> I think that's appropriate.  Self-policing seems fine.  The importance

Definitely, it's fine. If Project Members don't have any kind of trust
in the wisdom of the TC members, including their wisdomwhen it comes
at non-technical things, then we have a problem.

So, making the wording over-complicated to just avoid theoretical
situations that can not happen if the TC members are trustworthy
people, just seems like haircutting to me (definitely a typical
geek activity, but often the best way to go nowhere).