Steve Langasek writes ("Re: node"):
> I think it's too late for that. The TC has been asked to rule on the
> matter, and we appear to have a consensus regarding the correct technical
> path forward. If there are specific technical objections to the proposed
> resolution, we should of course take those on board; but I don't think it
> helps anything to waffle on the question of who is making the decision.
Also, if we decline to make a decision because the maintainers appear
to have agreed, there is also the potential problem of a maintainer
changing their mind.