Re: node

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 09:56:48AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Carsten Hey <carsten@debian.org> writes:

> > The question that could avoid the need for a TC ruling is if the release
> > team would accept such a symlink providing package (or packages in one
> > variant) in Wheezy despite the policy violation.  It this would be
> > accepted, an ACK from ftpmaster and both maintainer teams would be
> > needed to finally solve this.  Doing this without anyone from the TC
> > agreeing that bypassing the TC in this way is fine doesn't appear to be
> > the right way to handle this issue.

> I for one would be fine with the maintainers and release team agreeing on
> a solution involving a packaged symlink along the lines that we've been
> discussing without an explicit TC ruling.

I think it's too late for that.  The TC has been asked to rule on the
matter, and we appear to have a consensus regarding the correct technical
path forward.  If there are specific technical objections to the proposed
resolution, we should of course take those on board; but I don't think it
helps anything to waffle on the question of who is making the decision.