Call for Votes (Re: glibc's getaddrinfo() sort order)

There is apparently no counterproposal, so I hereby propose and call
for a vote on the following resolution:

-8<-

 1. RFC3484 s6 rule 9 should not be applied to IPv4 addresses
    by Debian systems, and we overrule the maintainer.  If the
    maintainer has not uploaded a suitable change within 1
    week, Ian Jackson is mandated to make an NMU in sid.
 2. RFC3484 s6 rule 9 should not be applied to IPv6 addresses
    by Debian systems.  However, we do not overrule the maintainer
    on this point and we do not authorise changing it via an NMU.
 3. We recommend to the IETF that RFC3484 s6 rule 9 should be
    abolished, definitely for IPv4, and probably for IPv6 too.

-8<-

For the sake of clarity, we should at least have the libc maintainer's
position on the ballot, so:

 -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 [ ] Choice X: Do not use rule 9, overrule maintainer, etc., as above.
 [ ] Choice S: Sort IPv4 addrs according to rule 9 in getaddrinfo
 [ ] Choice F: Further discussion
 -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Rationale for why it should be me that does the NMU: I have already
made this change in Ubuntu in anticipation of Debian's change, and at
the request of James Troup in his capacity as Canonical sysadmin.  So
I know how to do it and have a suitable diff lying around.  If the
libc maintainer objects then they can make the change first themselves.