Re: Status of resolutions about TC tweaks

* Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org) [060227 20:33]:
> >   It is not clear to me whether a chairmanship schedule has been
> >   approved and if it has been approved what it would mean.  Steve, as
> >   the current Chairman, should tell us what his opinion is.
>
> You, me, and Anthony voted yes on Anthony's proposed rotation; Raul voted
> for the committee chair, did not vote on the proposed rotation; Bdale[1]
> and Andi[2] indicated they were "ok" or "fine" with the rotation proposal,
> but I don't see that this can be taken for a formal "yes" vote on the
> proposal in question

My "ok" is a formal "yes" to the proposal in question.

> > B. `Requiring implementation':
>
> >   The following draft resolution:
>
> >   ]  (2) Requiring an implementation of proposals
> >   ]
> >   ]  So I propose we establish a rule that we won't make decisions on
> >   ]  issues that aren't ready for an immediate NMU when we make that
> >   ]  decision.
>
> >   was proposed on the 15th of February by Anthony.  Andreas, I, Raul
> >   and Manoj voted no (formally, Further Discussion).  Steve and
> >   Anthony voted yes.  With four votes against, the outcome is no
> >   longer in doubt and the resolution is defeated.
>
> My count of the votes:
>
> For:
>
> Anthony: http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2006/02/msg00033.html
> Steve: http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2006/02/msg00035.html
>
> Against (FD):
>
> Ian: http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2006/02/msg00036.html
> Andi: http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2006/02/msg00039.html
> Manoj: http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2006/02/msg00059.html

BTW, I think something similar should be done, but not as strict as in
this resolution draft. But let's discuss about that seperate from voting
details.

Cheers,
Andi
--