Re: Status of resolutions about TC tweaks

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 08:51:10AM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > >   ]  So I propose we establish a rule that we won't make decisions on
> > >   ]  issues that aren't ready for an immediate NMU when we make that
> > >   ]  decision.
> BTW, I think something similar should be done, but not as strict as in
> this resolution draft. But let's discuss about that seperate from voting
> details.

So, we're considering whether ndiswrapper should be moved to contrib atm.
We don't actually have a package that we could upload to do that though --
should we decline to consider the issue without it? If we were to vote in
favour of moving to contrib, and had a package we could upload it immediately,
and request ftpmaster (eg, me) to process it straight away, and we'd be done.
OTOH, without it, we'd either have to do it ourselves, or hope the maintainer
was willing to.

I'm kind of inclined to think we should ask for a package that can be NMUed
immediately even in trivial cases like this, just to make sure it gets done.
I mean, sure it'd be trivial for us or the maintainer to do, but that just
means it'd be trivial for the supplicant [0] to do too, right?

Cheers,
aj

[0] ZOT!