Re: status of debian-consultants mailing list

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 07:07:24PM +0000, Martin WHEELER wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Russell P. Sutherland wrote:
>
> > * Martin Wheeler (msw@startext.demon.co.uk) [10 Jul 2003 08:27]:

Whole bunch of stuff about voting snipped

OK.  I'm a Debian developer in good standing: I've been a member
of this list for a while.  My concern is good advocacy - we know
Debian is good, but a solid list of consultants doing Debian would
help my case for getting Debian on the desktop rather than RH -
good order and good repute.  Anything that boosts Debian and
helps us be seen as a free, independent, impartial but major
player in the Linux distribution wars will help us in the long
run.  Anything that shows that Debian is well supported is
also a bonus.

If you want someone to summarise responses / moderate / whatever,
I undertake to do it if it is of use.

In the interests of full disclosure, I should mention that Martin
is well known to me - I know him well in Real Life - and that I
originally stood as his advocate to the NM process.  I also have
to bear with his frustrations about various aspects of Debian
by fielding his 'phone calls and questions :)

HTH,

Andy