Re: status of debian-consultants mailing list

> OK.  I suggest the nomination of a moderator who will act as a
> vote-gatherer and counter, from either within or outwith the list.
>
> Further suggestions:
>
> Voting to commence 00.01 Sunday 13th July 2003, to continue until 24.00
> Saturday 19th July 2003.  (It's a holiday period, all round the globe.)
>
> Votes to be sent direct to the moderator (or elswhere as the list may
> decide -- anyone know of a suitable 'safe' address?)
> Comments please.
>
> Only those who were subscribed to this list before 10th July 2003 to be
> eligible to vote.
> Votes to be scrutinised against roll as supplied by lists.debian.org.
>
> Anyone care to put themselves forward as a moderator?
>
> Or do list members just prefer to do the equivalent of a massive show of
> hands, and send replies direct to the list?
>
> (Just trying to be squeaky clean and neutral here.  Nothing else.)

Does voting really count here?  If so, I thought of a simplification.
Send a message to this list if you care by the 10th.  State your
preference clearly.  We will all see the count.  I would like the list
to stay.  I have three for and one against so far.

I'm pretty sure, however, that we'll get about 10 for and one or two
against.  So a further simplification would be for those against to
just withdraw and we'll keep this low traffic list as is.

-Rich

--
Rich Bodo | rsb@ostel.com | 650-964-4678