Re: sbcl autopkgtest failure - missing sbcl.h (was: RFS: sbcl/2:2.2.3-1 [NMU] -- Common Lisp compiler and development system)

Hi Kambiz,

Le mardi 05 avril 2022 à 23:13 +0200, Kambiz Darabi a écrit :
> > > Now for the broken i386 build: make-config.sh relies on the
> > > result of uname -m to determine the architecture and indeed,
> > > the i386 build container reports x86_64:
> > >
> > > https://salsa.debian.org/darabi-guest/sbcl/-/jobs/2640765#L1327
> > >
> > > And setting SBCL_ARCH explicitly in debian/rules as it is done
> > > already for ppc64 leads to further problems:
> > >
> > > https://salsa.debian.org/darabi-guest/sbcl/-/jobs/2641145#L1579
> > >
> > > Any hint how to continue?
> >
> > I would not change the i386 sbcl build for now. It has always worked
> > fine on Debian build daemons, which is what truly matters.
>
> I made a mistake, this would be the correct change to fix i386 on Salsa
> (setting SBCL_ARCH to x86):
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/darabi-guest/sbcl/-/commit/bb406e18ace0531956e16c2448cf68714fa99c02
>
> which leads to a green i386 build:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/darabi-guest/sbcl/-/pipelines/365741
>
> > I think I would first contact the maintainers of the Salsa CI runners
> > to understand why “uname -m” reports x86_64 instead of i686 in the i386
> > chroots.
>
> On IRC channel #salsaci, they told me that the Docker image is already
> an i386 one, so not much that can be done from that side.
>
> And calling uname -m in a running Docker image seems to always report
> the host architecture.
>
> Awaiting your decision regarding SBCL_ARCH.

Your i386 change looks reasonable to me, and it should not break
anything.

But I’m not the one who’s going to make the final decision. It’s your
responsibility now! 😄️

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot