Re: Manpower in Debian Common Lisp Team

Le mercredi 30 mars 2022 à 12:04 +0200, Kambiz Darabi a écrit :
> > I cannot access your repository, the URL gives an error. I suppose that
> > your repository is private, and that you should turn it into a public
> > one.
>
> Sorry, I missed the private/public thing while forking. It is now public.

Thanks. I reviewed your changes and they look good.

Two more changes that you might want to do:
- add yourself to the Uploaders field, if you intend to maintain sbcl
on a more or less regular basis
- enable the --with-sb-linkable-runtime feature on armel, armhf and
arm64, this is now possible since SBCL 2.2.0 (and also possibly on
kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386, though SBCL currently does not build
there). You just need to expand the list of architectures on line 31 of
debian/rules. Note that this is just a suggestion, I don’t know if this
will work or if this is useful to users (but someone requested it for
x86 in the past).

Once you are happy with your package, finalize the changelog entry and
please request sponsorship on the list.

> > > If I understand correctly, the next step would be what is described
> > > in
> > >
> > > https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianCommonLisp/GitPackaging#Making_a_
> > > Debian_release
> > >
> > > Do I have to perform any other steps before running those commands?
> >
> > Before tagging the release, you should have tested that the package
> > builds (and ideally, that it passes autopkgtests). You need a Debian
> > sid/unstable system for doing so (possibly in a container if your host
> > system is not Debian unstable). There exist several possible tools and
> > workflows for doing so (mine relies on “sbuild” with an LVM-snapshot
> > chroot, see https://wiki.debian.org/sbuild). I don’t know how familiar
> > you are with Debian packaging, but if you need pointers, just ask.
>
> I used to have a working pbuilder environment but I haven't used it
> since long so I'll check that and maybe I also read up on sbuild.

pbuilder is indeed a good option, easy to install. You may optionally
want to setup another environment for running autopkgtests.

Alternatively, it’s possible to have autopkgtests (and lintian,
piuparts, reprotest…) run automatically on salsa.debian.org at every
git push. See https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline for
instructions on how to enable it.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot