Re: Manpower in Debian Common Lisp Team

Le mardi 29 mars 2022 à 16:06 +0200, Kambiz Darabi a écrit :
> > > The most immediate task would be to update SBCL. I’ve given a try
> > > packaging version 2.2.2, but got across a problem I’ve reported
> > > upstream (left unanswered so far):
> > > https://bugs.launchpad.net/sbcl/+bug/1964511
> > [...]
> > I will start by looking into this.
>
> I commented what I found out, created a patch, as advised by Krystof
> and pushed master, upstream, and pristine-tar to

> https://salsa.debian.org/darabi-guest/sbcl
>
> I would appreciate your checking of the result.

Thanks a lot for helping with the resolution of this issue.

I cannot access your repository, the URL gives an error. I suppose that
your repository is private, and that you should turn it into a public
one.

> If I understand correctly, the next step would be what is described
> in
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianCommonLisp/GitPackaging#Making_a_
> Debian_release
>
> Do I have to perform any other steps before running those commands?

Before tagging the release, you should have tested that the package
builds (and ideally, that it passes autopkgtests). You need a Debian
sid/unstable system for doing so (possibly in a container if your host
system is not Debian unstable). There exist several possible tools and
workflows for doing so (mine relies on “sbuild” with an LVM-snapshot
chroot, see https://wiki.debian.org/sbuild). I don’t know how familiar
you are with Debian packaging, but if you need pointers, just ask.

Also note that, when you’re ready, you should push your changes to the
team repository (and not your personal one). And since my understanding
is that you don’t have upload rights to the Debian archive, you will
need a sponsor (me or maybe Sean).

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer