Re: Manpower in Debian Common Lisp Team

Hi Sébastien,

> I cannot access your repository, the URL gives an error. I suppose that
> your repository is private, and that you should turn it into a public
> one.

Sorry, I missed the private/public thing while forking. It is now public.

>> If I understand correctly, the next step would be what is described
>> in
>>
>> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianCommonLisp/GitPackaging#Making_a_
>> Debian_release
>>
>> Do I have to perform any other steps before running those commands?
>
> Before tagging the release, you should have tested that the package
> builds (and ideally, that it passes autopkgtests). You need a Debian
> sid/unstable system for doing so (possibly in a container if your host
> system is not Debian unstable). There exist several possible tools and
> workflows for doing so (mine relies on “sbuild” with an LVM-snapshot
> chroot, see https://wiki.debian.org/sbuild). I don’t know how familiar
> you are with Debian packaging, but if you need pointers, just ask.

I used to have a working pbuilder environment but I haven't used it
since long so I'll check that and maybe I also read up on sbuild.

> Also note that, when you’re ready, you should push your changes to the
> team repository (and not your personal one).

Of course, this was only for review purposes.

> And since my understanding
> is that you don’t have upload rights to the Debian archive, you will
> need a sponsor (me or maybe Sean).

Yes, I uploaded cl-asdf until 2017 and asked for a sponsor on the list.

Cheers

Kambiz