Manpower in Debian Common Lisp Team

Hi all,

For the last couple of years, I’ve been the most active member of the
Debian Common Lisp Team. However, it’s becoming increasingly clear that
my involvement is now going to be significantly reduced (lack of time,
change of focus).

So this email is essentially a call for volunteers. I will not
disappear entirely, so I can certainly act as an adviser during a
transition period. In particular, I would explain (or document) a few
practices that I’ve been following so far (regarding version numbering
and autopkgtests of CL libraries in particular).

The packages maintained by the team are generally in good shape (with a
few exceptions).

The most immediate task would be to update SBCL. I’ve given a try to
packaging version 2.2.2, but got across a problem I’ve reported
upstream (left unanswered so far):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/sbcl/+bug/1964511
Maybe this problem can be worked around by putting the call to sb-
ext:set-sbcl-source-location in /etc/sbclrc, instead of trying to
modify the Lisp image at build time (though the latter is obviously
better).

Another important task would be to move the remaining reverse build-
dependencies of pgloader under the team’s umbrella. Those are mostly
the CL packages whose maintainer is Dimitri Fontaine (who is no longer
active), see:
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=dim%40tapoueh.org

Other tasks include: dealing with the regular updates of CL libraries;
updating slime; asking for the removal of a few obsolete or dead
packages; finally getting rid of dh-lisp (which does nothing useful).

Cheers,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer