Re: Resignation as cloud team delegate

Hi Jonathan,

On Wed, Jun 01, 2022 at 10:28:47AM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> IMHO some people in Debian have been overly concerned about conflicts of
> interest. It's true that we should be mindful of them, and that people
> should declare when they do arrive at a situation where there's a conflict
> of interest, but when it comes to the cloud team and volunteers working for
> cloud providers, it seems that for the most part, interests are well
> aligned.
>
> That said, I wouldn't want the whole cloud team to work for a single vendor.
> Would it be enough to limit membership in the cloud team, say, at most one
> person in the cloud team who works for any vendor/cloud provider/etc?
>
> If that works, then I can update the delegation. As it is now, this
> delegation is a bit of a snowflake since we don't have such a clause in
> other delegations (which aren't any more or less subject to conflict of
> interest than this one).
>
> Either way I'll go ahead and start with the draft, looking forward to
> hearing your thoughts.

We discussed this issue at our meeting today.  Everyone in attendance agreed
that the provision isn't necessary, and should be removed from the delegation.
I also have seen no objections on the mailing list.

The team's preference is to remove the restrictions from the delegation
entirely, and adopt team rules to ensure that no more than one employee per
provider becomes delegate.  Does this seem okay?

Ross