Re: Resignation as cloud team delegate

On Wed, Jun 01, 2022 at 10:28:47AM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> That said, I wouldn't want the whole cloud team to work for a single vendor.
> Would it be enough to limit membership in the cloud team, say, at most one
> person in the cloud team who works for any vendor/cloud provider/etc?
>
> If that works, then I can update the delegation. As it is now, this
> delegation is a bit of a snowflake since we don't have such a clause in
> other delegations (which aren't any more or less subject to conflict of
> interest than this one).

I agree with you and the others - the current delegation text is too strict,
and the interests aren't really in conflict anyhow.

> Either way I'll go ahead and start with the draft, looking forward to
> hearing your thoughts.

Are you thinking of dropping the conflict of interest policy entirely, or
softening it to the "no more than one delegate per vendor"?  I'm happy enough
either way, but wanted to ask in case others felt strongly.

I also think it'd be prudent to wait a week or so before updating the
delegation.  Just to give folks some time to notice this thread and raise any
concerns.  The team has a meeting next week where we can discuss, if necessary.

Ross