Re: Providing qemu-guest-agent in our images

On Feb 20, Michael Tokarev <mjt@tls.msk.ru> wrote:

> I'm not sure I understood your question. Ubuntu uses the same package
> as Debian, RHEL comes from the same codebase, and the same manual page
> exists on Debian too, and this manpage hasn't been changed (besides
> minor tweaks) since its addition in 2015.
Looks like I was looking at an old version then: now I have installed
the buster version and it's there.

> Speaking of a qemu-ga blacklist, -- well, from the host side of view
> such a blacklist is more or less pointless, since host can even trace
> every cpu instruction a guest does, if host wants to see files on the
> guest it's not a problem at all, it have full access to everything.
Sure, as long it does not use a modern AMD CPU with encrypted memory,
but still I think that there is a big difference between peeking at RAM
and accessing everything with an handy API.

> What blacklist is "sensible" from your PoV?
By default it should prevent information leak from the guest.

guest-file-open
guest-file-close
guest-file-read
guest-file-write