Re: Azure Debian image updates

On 2019-02-20 15:30:48, Andrés Bono Jiménez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a Bitnami developer. We are facing issues when installing Docker 18.09.02
> in the current Credativ Debian 9 image in Azure. It seems the latest version of
> the kernel fixes that incompatibility. Could you please let us know if there is
> any ETA to update credativ:debian:9:latest to the latest kernel version?

Stable Debian versions are not having latest kernel available unless provided
by backports and not all of them are available via this channel.

By default kernel in stable release is patched for any know CVEs; any additional
changes to the kernel in stable release are rather hard to 'smuggle' into it,
so I'd suggest to have a look at backports.
--

|_|_|0|                  "Panta rei"                     |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x686930DD58C338B3
3DF1  A4DF  C732  4688  38BC  F121  6869  30DD  58C3  38B3