Re: Providing qemu-guest-agent in our images

On Feb 07, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:

> As a follow-up with the discussion about agent inside VMs, I wonder if
> we should install qemu-guest-agent inside our images. Normally, it
> provides what Ted was talking about: hooks for freezing filesystem,
> mysql, etc.
>
> Thoughts anyone?
I am in favour: it is a tiny daemon which should not pull any extra
dependencies and will not start if the virtio channel is missing.

OTOH by default it allows the host to read/write files in the guest, so
it should be installed with a sensible blacklist in
/etc/default/qemu-guest-agent .

--
ciao,
Marco