Re: non-standard TCP tunings in EC2 images

On 2016-07-20 12:38:47, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 20/07/16 at 19:12 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > I would rather propose the reverse approach, that if a change is successful
> > for cloud images, then it is a good idea to propose to extend it to more
> > use cases.
>
> Note that to judge if a change is successful, its rationale should be
> documented, so that you can derive a success metric from it. TTBOMK, the
> rationale for those sysctl tunings is not documented.

True but there are no also (with your exception) bug reports related to setting
those up as they are and from what I know (but can't find it now) they ware
users that required those changes.

So in total we fixed something on users request and nobody complained about it,
win-win for me. I don't know about correct form nor specific place for
documenting such things, but I remember there was once an idea to have cloud
team policy so maybe starting from 'cloud images' subsection is a good way to
kick it off?
--

|_|_|0|         "Heghlu'Meh QaQ jajVam"          |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x58C338B3
3DF1 A4DF C732 4688 38BC F121 6869 30DD  58C3 38B3