Re: Best practices: mirror names, backports, ... (was Re: Service names for Debian mirrors in cloud infrastructure)

Hi Charles,

On Tue Jan 12, 2016 at 09:40:57 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 03:37:43PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas a écrit :
> >
> > Background of this whole discussion is that the trademark team asked us
> > to participate in a discussion on what generic rules for all cloud
> > images should look like for Debian stretch. Mirror names is one of the
> > low hanging fruits and so Bastian started with this. We will start more
> > of these threads on the debian-cloud mailing lists in near future to
> > participate in the process of shaping the rules.
>
> Hi again
>
> it is great to read that more people are joining the discussion.  I hope
> that this discussion will end up in a neat common practice about mirrors.
>
> Can I have your point of view about inclusion of backports or packages
> from other suites than Stable ?

i agree that this is a topic that needs some discussion too, but can we
pretty please move this discussion to a seperate new thread?! It makes
staying on-topic on and finding the result later on of the discussion
much more easy.

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster