Best practices: mirror names, backports, ... (was Re: Service names for Debian mirrors in cloud infrastructure)

Le Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 03:37:43PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas a écrit :

> Background of this whole discussion is that the trademark team asked us
> to participate in a discussion on what generic rules for all cloud
> images should look like for Debian stretch. Mirror names is one of the
> low hanging fruits and so Bastian started with this. We will start more
> of these threads on the debian-cloud mailing lists in near future to
> participate in the process of shaping the rules.

Hi again

it is great to read that more people are joining the discussion.  I hope
that this discussion will end up in a neat common practice about mirrors.

Can I have your point of view about inclusion of backports or packages
from other suites than Stable ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles