Re: Service names for Debian mirrors in cloud infrastructure

As someone who hasn't substantially contributed to Debian, I'd like to provide an "outside" view on the service naming issue.

If I see that something is under debian.org, then I believe it's
- official,
- well maintained and
- not restricted geographically or otherwise.

This IMHO reflects what most Debian users would expect of something.debian.org.

Conclusion:
If a service is restricted, it shouldn't be under debian.org.

jan

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x514FCA9C
F013 93C0 306C 1E31 4E00  09FA 21EC A2F6 514F CA9C