Re: building (official) debian images for atlas (formerly vagrantcloud)

> I experienced a partition/disk limit of some kind when I tried to create
> a base box for FusionForge with bootstrap-vz, but I hit some limit.
>
> I then changed for a packer approach, which was more flexible... but I
> forgot the exact details unfortunately (twins born in between and lack
> of sleep doesn't help me these days ;).
>
> I made a note for myself at
> https://fusionforge.org/plugins/mediawiki/wiki/fusionforge/index.php/Virtual_machine_development_environment#Modify_the_VM
> but can't remember now : shame.
>
> Obviously, if you set a maximum size for a base box disk geometry, and
> you later need more volume for the Vagrant image built over this base
> box, you're gonna get stuck sooner or later... I don't remember the
> details, but the volume geometry or volume format somehow seemed more
> flexible with packer.
>
> Maybe some different layout for storage, or storage file type choices ? :-/
>
> If someone can confirm or investigate ?

Since we create a partition table and mkfs the diskimage, I don't think
the tool you use during the box creation could play a role here.

Could it be that virt-resize did the job after you converted the image
to libvirt format ?

Manu