Re: building (official) debian images for atlas (formerly vagrantcloud)

Hello Jan

I just uploaded two unofficial Debian boxes on Atlas today, and then I
noticed your mail :)
I registered the "debian" account on Atlas, when Hashicorp started
Vagrancloud so one can get the boxes quickly with:

vagrant init debian/jessie64

So as you might guess I'm also interested in having debian boxes on
Atlas and maybe we can work on that together.

My approach is similar to yours except I am using packer at the momment,
which I found very reliable as it builds VM images using the
debian-installer and a preseed file, leveraging on tons of QA done there
(https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=740753 for the RFP)
Now I know the consensus on the list is to use bootstrap-vz and I am
fine with that.

What could we do next ?

As others said before it would be nice if we had some kind of staging
temporary git repo where we could play around with the manifest before
including it in the bootstrap-vz repository.
I have accounts on github and on alioth so I am fine with both.

If you can send me a gpg signed email with your Atlas user name I will
add you as a collaborator so you can upload stuff to the "debian"
account on Atlas too. My gpg key is in the debian maintainer keyring or
http://libera.cc/emmanuel_kasper_kasprzyk.gpg

Greets
Emmanuel