Git repo for debian VM templates

Hi List

I exchanged some mails mit Jan on the topic of Official vagrant base
boxes, and we came to the conclusion it would be nice to have our
manifests and templates in a git repo on Alioth.

I have see debian-cloud has a couple of git repos, and if you guys don't
disagreee I will ask the alioth admins to create
a debian-vm-templates.git repo in the debian-cloud directory.

At the moment we agree Jan would provide official vagrant base boxes of
oldstable and stable created with bootstrap-vz, and I will provide
unofficial base boxes of testing created with Packer.

We will describe in the wiki[1] what do the box exactly contains,
probably tasksel standard + dkms, build-essential, kernel headers
to build the virtualbox guest extensions, and maybe the standard
provisioning tools used with vagrant: puppet, chef and ansible, saltstack.

Now if you already want to have some fun,

	vagrant init debian/jessie64

	followed by

	vagrant up
	vagrant ssh

already works

and if you don't mind the 500MB box download, might be the best way for
your Linux, Windows, Mac collegue/friend
to get the feeling of a Debian server (as Vagrant is multi platform)

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Cloud/VagrantBaseBoxes

Emmanuel Kasper