Re: Trying to find the new AMIs is pretty impossible if you don't know where to look.

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 07:43:51PM +1100, Chris Fordham wrote:
> Please make this information public e.g. on the wiki so users can
> understand the agreement between a FOSS and commercial entity.

FWIW, everything has been mentioned publicly on this list already. But
sure enough there's a need to advertise the information more clearly on
official places, such as the Debian website (hence my mention of work in
progress on that front in my previous mail...).

> I'm not talking about the end user, but rather the publisher who
> pays for the publication in the relevant cloud charges i.e. ebs, s3
> etc.. If that account is canceled, the images go bye bye too.

We have setup a "debian" account. Currently James has access to it; and
he has called publicly for other DDs willing to get access to it to, for
the purpose of updating images. On that front, it will be usual Debian
team mechanisms.  But we haven't paid a cent for that account, nor we
intend to.  So I'm not sure why you think we should have paid something.
But on the bright side, as we have nothing to pay, we don't risk being
closed for not paying :-P

FWIW, Debian money dealings via SPI are public. Everyone can check on
them that we haven't paid Amazon and that we do not plan to earn
anything from them either.

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .