Re: Trying to find the new AMIs is pretty impossible if you don't know where to look.

On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:02:22 +1100, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:

Le Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 03:24:42PM -0500, Brian Gupta a écrit :
So doing a search in the marketplace for "Debian" results in 76 hits,
and our new AMIs are buried behind pages of virtual appliances:
https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/

Other answers were very relevant, but how about adding "official"
in the name so that we can recommend to search for "official debian" ?
Have we ratified what the official Debian AMIs are yet and how they are provided? How do we define that and I would assume that those AMIs would need to be in an AWS account owned by Debian unless there is an official sponsor (has Debian ever had commercial investment..).

The last thing we want is calling something official and then it disappearing because an AWS bill wasn't paid by a contributor or what not.

Otherwise, serching for "Debian GNU/Linux" also only returns our AMIs for the
moment.

Have a nice day,

--

Chris Fordham