RE: Reading archives..

Hello List,

[snip]

> > They are non-free, so I think that we should not have them by default.
>
> Strong ACK.
>
> I feel pretty strongly about the fact that, to advertise official Debian images of
> *any* public cloud out there 1/ they shall only contain DFSG-free software by
> default, and 2/ we should be able to create them using only DFSG-free
> software.

[snip]

> OTOH I'm not sure that is the case for the Azure images, as of yet?
> Pierre?

Debian images for Windows Azure must use a dedicated provisioning agent. This agent has an Apache 2 licence, and is available on github (https://github.com/Windows-Azure/WALinuxAgent). There's a debian package in the works as well (http://contrib.hupstream.com/azure/debian/).

Is that license okay or do you want me to investigate other options ?

About packaging : Windows Azure packages images in VHD format. I currently use hyper-v to create and manage VHD files but there's other options if needed.

Pierre