Re: Registering ebs-snapshot with euca2ools

OK, so this turned out to be quite the challenge.
I don't want to install packages from testing, since the tool is supposed to run fully automated. The tool can't simply add the testing mirrors to the source.list and install euca2ools from testing. This upgrades python to 2.7 and boto as well.
I then used euca-register --debug, to figure out what exactly was sent. The only problems is that I cannot recreate the message digest of that request, I used the same parameters as the tool but the digest simply does not match. I put the script in the gist here: https://gist.github.com/4061949
Right now I am trying to use pip directly to install boto and m2crypto, the dependencies required by euca2ools. Then I would install the tools themselves with pip, using their latest tagged zip on github.
No matter what I do, this gets messy. Any suggestions?

Anders