Re: User support for the debian-chinese-*

FourDollars,

  You are repeating yourself.

  IIRC, the two lists were forwarding mail to each other about 4 or 5
years ago. And the mail system translate the messages into different
'encodings' for the users.

  It's because at that moment, linux leaks good Unicode support. It's
not because people like you prefer to read messages in Simplified
Chinese or Traditional Chinese.  It's done for helping people
communicate with each other.

  Now, we got better Unicode support. Which means we can discuss the
issues  in general encoding, and our software can read it. Unless you
are still using mail reader in CLI.

  The advantage of merging two lists, is that we can discuss the two
writing system in same encoding. And don't need to worry about the
symbols you want to say is broken by the translation gateway.

  Regarding to the suggestion you provided. Yes, I am sure we can do
that, even through it can be difficult to set up the gateway in Debian's
mail server.

regards
- -Rex